The average working-class Joe like myself is constantly trying to find ways to save money. Here are some tips that work for me.
- Pay yourself first. That’s right you deserve to keep some of your own money 🙂 Before you buy anything put a little something down in your bank account or retirement account.
- Clean and organize your own home. Why pay someone to do something you can do yourself? Keep your money where it belongs, in your wallet.
- Shop with a list and stick to it. It saves you time, helps you to meal plan and will help save you money. You might find yourself making healthier meals as a result 🙂
- Buy in bulk. This not only helps to cut down on the number of trips you take to the grocery store. It also cuts down on packaging because every little helps the earth 🙂 you know if you’re into that stuff.
- Keep a loose-change jar. I keep a loose change jar. It’s used for the ice-cream truck, laundry and emergencies that otherwise would leave me in a rut. It’s amazing how those little things add up. I’m almost ashamed to write how many times the old penny jar saved me, but I must keep it honest.
- Spend money on what matters. This allows you to be in control. By not purchasing every and anything, you can now experience quality things. I may or may not have had several trips to orange county with my family for drive-in movies since my baby cries at the theater. PROBLEM SOLVED BABY
- Keep your eyes on the prize. That extra glass of wine or latte isn’t worth the savings for a new apt or home. If you have a financial goal in mind such as buying a home or paying off student debt, razor focus helps.
- Encourage your partner to save. They may end up being your best support system in your financial growth. It also helps to foster a healthy financial relationship. Sitting down and having a discussing with them will allow you hash out any kinks in order to be of better support to each other and keep each other on track.
- Use coupons, they work, I use them whenever I can. Who doesn’t want FREE money. Unless of course you are just too rich to save money. We all know rich people love to save 🙂